Friday, July 17, 2009

packing light

we leave tomorrow for our annual family reunion down at topsail island. the twenty-four hours prior to departure is always a whirlwind ... cooking, cleaning, packing for four people and a dog ... i honestly think it would be easier to just hitch our house to the SUV and drag it down I-40. i checked off as many items on my to-do list as possible this morning while the kids were at summer camp, but i barely scratched the surface. (in an attempt at full disclosure, i will admit that my recent purchase of an iphone has delayed me a bit -- not exactly the smartest timing for a procrastinator such as myself.) so this afternoon after we all returned home, i tackled the kids' packing. after i finished with all of liam's necessities, i crossed the hall to susanna's room to take care of hers. i opened her suitcase and was quite surprised to find it already full. she had obviously been hard at work and looked quite pleased with herself, assuring me that she was all done, and needed nothing extra, thank you very much. inside were the following: her cinderella costume (and matching tiara, of course). her baby dolls. her purse. two princess books. and a tube of lipstick that has been missing from my cosmetics drawer for a month.

No comments: