Wednesday, December 14, 2011

wordless wednesday

as i seal my last christmas card (which has been even more of an ordeal than usual, given that i somehow lost my type-A excel spreadsheet with my addresses that i've maintained since the beginning of time), i was inspired to take a trip down memory lane.  seems memory lane is rather short and only goes back to 2005, since i'm missing liam's first christmas card.  still, looking back at these makes me realize how far we've come.

it also reminds me that getting an acceptable photo to use has always been, and i'm afraid will forever be, not for the faint of heart.
2005: a bald liam, and an announcement that another bald baby was on the way
2006: two new family additions: a teeny tiny susanna, and super.  (incidentally, this is the only time super has graced our christmas card.  you think getting a picture of two children is tough?  try two children and a dog)
2007:  matching smocked outfits ... how i long for the days ... this might be my favorite so far
2008: a move to raleigh necessitated a change of address card.  look at those chubby cheeks!
2009: on day six of chris's annual i-don't-shave-at-the-beach week.  next time, we'll take the picture on day one
2010: liam's missing some teeth and a belt (funny what i obsess over)
2011: and we're back on a swing.  seems we've come full circle

2 comments:

Leslie Atkins said...

Is it just me or is this year's card somehow not up to your usual aesthetic standadrs? Just kidding - I love it! -

Stacey said...

What a lovely trip down memory lane! Amazing isn't it!? I just wrote my post for tomorrow about how Christmas cards are such an exploration through the passage of time!