Wednesday, February 24, 2010

wordfull wednesday

chris and spent five glorious days on a cruise to the bahamas a few weeks back ... and the following two pictures are the only ones i took the whole time we were there.  which is perhaps the most pitiful statement i have made in 2010.  i'm sure you'll agree.

this first one wasn't even technically on the cruise -- it was standing in line at the x-ray machine to board the ship.  there were two couples standing a few feet away dressed in their matching outfits.  you can see the super cool man pretty well, decked out in his tropical button-down shirt, coordinating pants, and white hospital shoes.  the two women in front of him are a bit harder to see, but one has a skirt made out of the same tropical print fabric, and the other woman has on a matching dress.  the second husband didn't make the cut (i did the best i could, trying to be discreet while holding up my iphone in the air), but he was there, completing the ensemble.  i immediately sent it to my best friend lainey, promising her that in twenty years, this would be us.
the second picture is of the "towel art" our steward left on our bed one evening.  quite appropriate since elephants are my favorite animal.  (i've had a soft spot in my heart for elephants since i was like two, when my great-grandmother wrote my mom a letter, urging her to take me to the doctor because my ears were so big.  the letter is tucked in my baby book -- my mom discarded much of our sentimental mementos from growing up, so it's nice to know she held on to the important things.)

the next cruise we're on, we're bringing our real camera and taking pictures of things we'd actually like to frame.  in the meantime, i guess the tropical print threesome will have to take center stage in our family room picture collection.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh my goodness! That is really too much! I actually like the fact that there aren't any pictures... it means you were too busy relaxing!